As your attorney for a real estate transaction, I offer an array
of services to ensure that you will enjoy competent, professional,
and efficient representation for your closing. Upon your telephone
inquiry, my fee can be quoted on a “flat fee” basis without
When representing the Buyer, I
- Review and when possible suggest modifications under the
attorney modification clause of the contract.
- Monitor your loan approval to assure that you are protected
within the contingency for financing paragraph of the contract.
- Review the evidence of title to be provided by the seller’s
attorney, including all documents submitted by the seller
relating to the transfer of title of the property, together with
mortgage documents generated by your lender to be signed by you
at closing. I will clear normal title objections, and I will
prepare certain documents which must be provided at closing.
- Serve notice as required by the Home Inspection provision of
the contract and negotiate a settlement of issues raised.
- Perform all necessary title clearing functions required of
the Buyer and explain the status of title to you at closing.
- Attend the closing and explain the loan documentation and
title transfer documents to you.
- Receive the title policy after closing, review the policy
and forward it to you with the recorded deed.
When representing the Seller, I
- Review and when possible suggest modifications permitted
under the attorney modification clause of the contract.
- Prepare and review all legal documents and draft other
documents customarily used in real estate transactions.
- Perform all necessary title clearing functions.
- Order the survey, title commitment, payoff letters,
management letters, condominium insurance policies, and other
documents or services required of the Seller for closing.
- Schedule and attend the closing, reviewing with you all the
documents of transfer.
- Attend to post-closing details, such as obtaining mortgage
releases, refunds of tax escrows for those payoffs handled by my
office, and administering post-closing possessions.